Competition Rules Sika Show 2017
If you are entering Heads in the 2017 Sika Show competition, please read the following rules and keep them in mind for your entry:
- All entries must be left on display for the two days of the competition.
- All entries must be received by 3.00pm on 30th September 2017 at the Sika Competition registration desk at the Great Lake Centre Taupo.
All fees (where appropriate) must be paid in full.
- Eligible period is twelve months preceding the competition.
- You or your proxy must be present to win drawn prizes.
- All heads and jaws need to be clean of meat and have no offensive smells.
- To be eligible for the top three prizes in the Sika Open section, the jaw MUST be supplied with the head. (For entries without the jaw, they are still eligible for the random draw prizes).
- Animals must be free range and taken with the landowners permission.
- All entries must have been shot with either a firearm or a bow or stuck with a knife.
- A hole will be drilled in the skull to identify the head.
- All Sika entries must be 6 points or over.
- There is no charge for entering Sika hind jaws.
- Bow section entries MUST have been taken by bow and arrow.
- In the roaring section, hoses, horns etc may be used. No electronic devices allowed.
- Judges choice is at the discretion of the judges. (The judge’s choice is for a head that represents the characteristics of the species. Not necessary the highest Douglas score).
- Sika Show Limited reserves the right to amend or change conditions and rules of the Sika Competition.
- All decisions shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A copy of the rules will be posted at the Sika Competition registration desk on the day of the competition.
- If requested, proof of where and when the animal was taken needs to be supplied.
- DNA samples may be taken for identifications purposes.
- Red deer entries not taken on public land must be entered in the Estate section.
- The competition organizers retain the right not to accept any entry if they so choose, no correspondence will be entered into and the organizers decision will be final.
- Heads in velvet will be eligible for entry as long as they are fully developed and hard. However if the velvet head was to score the same as a head in hard antler, the hard antler would be placed ahead of that.